We are excited to announce that in response to the membership’s request, the SIS and Shock Society will be having a co-located meeting in 2019. The leadership from both societies have jointly agreed on an exceptional venue at Loews Coronado Bay Resort.
The program committees from both societies have arranged an overlapping AFTERNOON (11:45 am Saturday) and an overlapping MORNING (Sunday) of activities so members from both societies can explore each other's activities and be exposed to the science of each society.
We are thrilled to be able to share this week with the Shock Society whose members share many of our research interests. We are confident that this year’s co-located meeting will prove to be a truly special event you don’t want to miss! We look forward to seeing you in Coronado!
From the moment you come over the causeway and arrive in our Coronado Bay resort, you know your stay here will be memorable. We provide all the services and amenities you need to make you feel like you’ve just checked into your own private island oasis. We invite you to do absolutely nothing—or take advantage of all our property has to offer including three heated pools, our luxurious Sea Spa offering relaxing therapies and fitness options and the endless water-sport activities.
No matter what you choose, the stunning waters of the Pacific and Coronado Bay create a gorgeous backdrop. Welcome to the ultimate setting for a romantic getaway, a fun family vacation, or an amazing place to do business.
Enjoy what Loews Coronado Bay has to offer:
- Fitness Center and Studio Access
- Yoga and Aerobics Classes Daily
- Boarding Pass Printing
- Pool Deck Games
- Free local and toll free calls
- Turndown service upon request
- Shuttle to Silver Strand Beach and Downtown Coronado Village
- Nature Walk at Silver Strand Beach
- 24-Hour Shoe Shine
- Tennis Courts based on availability
- In-Room Coffee
This San Diego pet-friendly hotel loves to welcome your four-legged friends. Put Simply: Loews Loves Pets. That’s more than just talk, too; our hotel was featured in National Geographic's The Dog Lover's Guide to Travel. Here, all pets receive their own gifts, including a pet tag, bowl and a special treat to start their vacation. Owners receive a detailed brochure with information on San Diego pet hotel services–such as pet room-service menu, local dog walking routes, and area pet services, including veterinarians, pet shops and groomers.
At Loews Coronado Bay, you have everything you need to feel right at home with your four-legged friend:
- Gourmet room service menus for cats and dogs, prepared by our award-winning chef
- Creature comforts like specialized bedding, leashes, collars, litter boxes (and litter), pooper scoopers and more
- Helpful amenities such as dog-walking route maps, pet placemats, water bowls, treats, doggie pick-up bags and more
- Special treats like rawhide bones, catnip and scratch poles
- Pet-walking and pet-sitting services
We pay special attention to our guest rooms which accommodate pets by conducting extra thorough cleaning. Loews Coronado Bay Resort charges a $100 per stay fee. Note: We limit the number of pets to two (2) per room, maximum 40 pounds each. Loews Hotels takes all necessary measures to ensure the safety and comfort of all hotel guests and pets. For a complete list of our pet policies, contact us directly.