The Fellowship Awards have been updated. The three funding opportunities are: two Junior Faculty Fellowships and the Innovation Award. See below for new criteria.
This award is open to SIS members proposing novel, small, multicenter clinical trials or to support planning grants to support future, large clinical trials. Winning proposals will receive up to $25,000 for 1 year to support their project.
- SIS Fellowship online application form
- NIH-style Biosketch
- Research proposal (3 pages, single space, 11 point font, 1 inch margins)
- Including Abstract, Background/Significance, Innovation, Approach, Describe how this funding will support future investigation
- Current and pending support
- Letters of support
- Department Chair
- SIS Member
- Applications will be reviewed by the Awards Committee. Priority will be given to proposals that will generate data or develop infrastructure for future, prospective clinical trials that advance the mission of the SIS.
- Finalists will be selected to present their proposal to the SIS Foundation and SIS Awards Committee during an open session at the SIS Annual Meeting
- 5 minute presentation with 5 minute Q&A with panel
- Winning application(s) will be selected by the SIS Foundation and given at the SIS Annual Meeting Awards Banquet
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2018
Complete the SIS Fellowship application online or download the SIS Fellowship application form. These forms must be downloaded from the website, completed on your computer, and sent via e-mail to Doctor Burke. The instructions regarding completion of the SIS Fellowship forms must be followed.
Questions? Please contact:
Peter A. Burke, MD
Boston Medical Center
One Boston Medical Center Place
Dowling 2 South, Suite 2505
Boston, MA 02118