Solicitation of the SIS Membership for Research Related Purposes:
- The SIS Scientific Studies Committee (SSC) will review all requests to survey the members of SIS for research related purposes from individual SIS members or nonmembers.
- Surveys that are likely to impact the broader scientific community and are aligned with the SIS Exempt Purpose, Mission, and Strategic Goals will be considered and reviewed by the SSC.
- Surveys submitted by an SIS Committee will be given priority.
- Surveys submitted by nonmembers will require a SIS member sponsor to be considered for distribution.
To submit a special circumstance request to survey the SIS membership please complete the following:
- The Research Related Survey Request Form.
- Email a brief synopsis of the purpose, methodology, anticipated results, and a copy of the survey tool to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Provide documentation of submission for review and decisions regarding approval or exemption of the study by the investigator’s home institution IRB (if available and relevant).
After all documents are submitted the project will then be reviewed by the SSC to determine if suitability for dissemination to the membership. Only surveys that have a high utility to the broad research community and are aligned with the SIS Exempt Purpose, Mission, and Strategic Goals will be considered.