The Innovation Award for 2022-2023!
This award is open to SIS members proposing novel, small, multicenter clinical trials or to support planning grants to support future, large clinical trials. Winning proposals will receive up to $15,000 for 1 year to support their project. If no sufficient/qualifying applications are received, may not be awarded every year.
- SIS Fellowship online application form
- Letter of Intent
- NIH-style Biosketch
- Research proposal (3 pages, single space, 11 point font, 1 inch margins)
- Including Abstract, Background/Significance, Innovation, Approach, Describe how this funding will support future investigation
- Current and pending support
- Letters of support
- Department Chair
- SIS Member
- Applications will be reviewed by the Awards Committee. Priority will be given to proposals that will generate data or develop infrastructure for future, prospective clinical trials that advance the mission of the SIS.
- Finalists will be selected to present their proposal to the SIS Foundation and SIS Awards Committee during an open session at the SIS Annual Meeting
- 8-10 minute presentation with 5 minute Q&A with panel
- Winning application(s) will be selected by the SIS Foundation and given at the SIS Annual Meeting Awards Banquet
- Awardee will be expected to present an update on their work at the following Annual Meeting.
Submission Deadline: February 17, 2023
Complete the SIS Fellowship application.
Questions? Please contact:
Laura Kreiner, MD
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
2500 Metrohealth Dr.
Cleveland, OH 44109